SPECIAL EVENT HAIR STYLING WORKSHOP
Focus 1: Wavy/Tousled Texture
Sunday, july 30th, 2017 | 9am-4pm, Mckinney tx
By popular request! Join us for our first special event hair styling workshop. This class is suited for makeup artists who want to learn hair styling and hairstylists that want to brush up on their special event styling skills. The styles we you will learn are are most requested, and are best suited for photography, special events and red carpet.
In this class, you will learn Erin Blair Makeup & Hair Design's signature methods for prepping and pinning the hair that results in a beautiful wavy, tousled down, half-up, or up-do style that will take 45 minutes or less to execute.
Topics covered include:
- Creating wavy/tousled texture that's not TOO messy with various tools and products on different hair types
- Keeping your texture while creating proportionate volume and avoid the "helmet on top, wavy on bottom" look
- Planning your hairstyle based on your client's inspiration photos and face shape
- Securing the hair so it lasts all day using as few bobby pins as possible (that don't show!)
- Walk away feeling confident in your abilities to execute four distinctive and our most-requested styles: half-up twisted, half-up loops, twisted "low bun" updo, and gathered half-up faux-braid
( Be sure to check back for news on future workshops focusing on soft/smooth texture and clean curls! )